|POSITION TYPE||Internship||INTERN PAID OR UNPAID||Unpaid|
|APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK||5-8||DESIRED START DATE||August 21, 2016|
Under the supervision of the UNH Director of Athletic Bands, the Communications & Marketing Intern will assist with all social media accounts for the UNH Wildcat Marching Band. The goal of this position is to assist the WMB to implement marketing and communications goals in creative and direct ways that will appeal to UNH students, fans, alumni, and prospective students. Responsibilities include:
- Taking pictures and videos at home football games.
- Working with the UNH Director of Athletic Bands to implement social marketing campaigns using print and online promotion tools.
- Monitoring and analyzing usage of the UNH Bands website and social media sites.
- Researching content for social media sites.
- Collaborating on new and creative ways to expand reach on social media.
- Writing and designing of marketing materials, including posters, flyers, and other promotional collateral.
- Collaborating with the new WMB Media Team (primarily responsible for video production) as needed.
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Marketing - PR/ Branding
- Knowledge of marketing concepts
- Experience using social media
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to write concise and engaging content that appeals to UNH students
- Ability to work independently
- Availability for the majority of band performances, including home football games, band shows, and parades
- Applicant must own a smartphone and basic photography/videography skills
- Preferred: background in the marching arts
View calendar and more information at bands.unh.edu
Application deadline: May 9, 2016