We're going to Disney World!
We got into Hogwarts!
The Wildcat Marching Band will be making its triumphant return to Orlando in January 2015. Members of the 2014 band as well as recent graduates will be traveling to Florida to perform at Walt Disney World.
The cost is $1300. We will depart early on January 4th and return on January 9th.
- Round-trip airfare to/from Manchester Airport
- Airport transfers to/from UNH and our hotel
- Accommodations for 5 nights in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel (Port Orleans Riverside)
- 4-day park hopper privileges at Walt Disney World Resort
- 1-day park-to-park ticket for Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure (including both sections of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
- Coach bus transfer to/from Universal Studios
- Vehicle rental and gas for uniform/equipment trailer (no oversized luggage fees)
- Performance at Walt Disney World
Instruments and uniforms will be stored in one room before leaving for break. We will have a trailer loading day on January 2nd. Nothing will be loaded on the trailer on January 4th as it will already be on its way!
As a college student, you will have more freedom to come and go as you please, and staying on-property will allow you to (more or less) set your own schedule using WDW transportation. Exceptions will be performance day (January 6) and the day we go to Universal (January 7). We will have a designated home park each day, but you will be free to park-hop. Any students under the age of 18 will need to check in regularly with staff members.
Obviously, there is still an expectation of responsibility and maturity, and that you will represent the WMB, UNH, and the state of New Hampshire exceptionally well. Anyone not doing so will be dealt with accordingly. However, our group has an excellent reputation so we do not anticipate any problems with this.
To lessen the financial burden, we will split the cost into several payments. Due to low participation in past fundraisers, we do not have any planned at this time. You may wish to set up a personal fundraising site at GoFundMe.com or a similar site. Family and friends may prefer to simply donate money toward your trip rather than purchasing something they don't really need (and netting you only a fraction of what they spent). If the WMB Council does choose to run any fundraisers, this will be communicated to the band.
Payment schedule (subject to change):
- $125 non-refundable deposit due July 25, 2014 (participation form deadline)
- $175 payment due August 27th (band camp check-in)
- $250 payment due September 26th
- $250 payment due October 24
- $250 payment due November 21 (Band Extravaganza)
- $250 payment due December 19 (last full day of finals)
Payments may be made online or via check. No cash.